STAGE 3 WATER RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE JULY 28, 2023
STAGE III – MANDATORY WATER USE RESTRICTIONS:
Target: Achieve a 20 percent reduction in total water use, daily water demand, etc.
The water utility will implement Stage III when any one of the selected triggers is reached:
Wholesale supplier’s drought Stage III
Demand- or Capacity-Based Triggers: (check at least one and fill in the appropriate value)
Total daily demand as 60% of storage capacity.
Upon initiation and termination of Stage III, the utility will mail a public announcement to its customers. Notice to TCEQ required.
Requirements for Termination:
Stage III of the Plan may end when all of the conditions listed as triggering events have ceased to exist for a period of three (3) consecutive days. Upon termination of Stage III, Stage II becomes operative.
Visually inspect lines and repair leaks on a regular basis. Flushing is prohibited except for dead end mains.
Mandatory Water Use Restrictions:
The following water use restrictions shall apply to all customers.
- Irrigation of landscaped areas with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems shall be limited to Mondays for water customers with a street address ending with the numbers 1, 2, or 3, Wednesdays for water customers with a street address ending with the numbers 4, 5, or 6, and Fridays for water customers with a street address ending with the numbers 7, 8, 9, or 0. Irrigation of landscaped areas is further limited to the hours of 12:00 midnight until 10:00 a.m. and between 8:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight on designated watering days. However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted at anytime if it is by means of a hand-held hose, a faucet-filled bucket or watering can of five (5) gallons or less, or drip irrigation system.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 8:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rinses. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety, and welfare of the public are contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and perishables.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or AJacuzzi@ type pool is prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 8:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- Use of water from hydrants or flush valves shall be limited to maintaining public health, safety, and welfare.
- Use of water for the irrigation of golf courses, parks, and green belt area is prohibited except by hand-held hose and only on designated watering days between the hours 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 8:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight.
- The following uses of water are defined as nonessential and are prohibited:
- Wash down of any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas;
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection;
- Use of water for dust control;
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street;
- Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s); and
- Any waste of water.