The City of Jarrell is seeking applications for a Project Management Specialist to Analyze and coordinate the schedule, timeline, procurement, staffing, and budget of a product or service on a per project basis. Lead and guide the work of technical staff. May serve as a point of contact for the client or customer. This position will report to the City Manager. The City has a policy of contracting many of the external functions to the private sector as well as infrastructure implementation. This person must be able to participate in the review of Private-Public Partnership documents. This position will provide financial performance documents and recommendations for review.
Experience and Education
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent degree or experience
- 5+ years of experience managing application projects/programs
- Prior experience in managing City projects desired
- Knowledgeable about government and public sector operations and technologies
- Experience as a project manager in a public sector environment.
- Experience operating autonomously and leading efforts across multiple teams and functions, with stakeholders
- Ability to communicate technical concerns and considerations to non-technical stakeholders
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, as well as documenting them and presenting/selling them to senior management as required.
- Resource planning, scheduling, and tracking skills.
- Proven to have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams.
- Project/program budget management and tracking expertise
Salary/Benefits: The pay range is $45,223.00 to $90,447.00 annually; and will depend upon experience and qualifications of the successful candidate. The City offers Medical, Life Insurance, 401K Retirement plan, Paid Time Off and 11 Holidays during the calendar year. Paid training and growth advancement opportunities are available.
This position is open until filled. For any questions, please contact Dianne Peace at (512) 746-4593, ext. 121. Click HERE to see the employment description in its entirety.
To be considered for this position, please complete an Application for Employment and return to:
City of Jarrell
ATTN: Dianne Peace
161 Town Center Blvd.
Jarrell Texas 76537
Or by email to Dianne Peace, City Secretary.