The City of Jarrell, Texas is seeking a City Manager
Jarrell is in a rapid growth environment supported by the attraction of population and jobs in the Central Texas Corridor. The addition of Samsung and Tesla in the area is creating a high demand for residential and supporting industrial/commercial growth. For the individual that wants to make their professional advancement in a growing dynamic environment, we are the place.
Jarrell, Texas was incorporated in 2001 as a Type A, General Law City. Sonterra M.U.D. is within the ETJ and has a close working relationship with the city. The city provides wholesale Wastewater Treatment to the M.U.D. and expands it as necessary to support its growth. The city built a new city hall in 2013 to support Administration, EDC, and Police services. It was expanded again in the Spring of 2018 to support increased services.
The city adds professional staff as we grow and will continue to do so under the guidance of the City Manager. The Police department has been expanded to include Police Chief, Police Corporal, 6 full-time Patrol Officers, and 2 School Resource Officers for the Jarrell Independent School District. The city also uses the Public Private Partnership model to run its Utilities Department. The city has both Water and Wastewater services. The city recently adopted a Comprehensive Plan as a roadmap for planning land use.
Jarrell is in the northern part of Williamson County along the I-35 corridor. Jarrell was founded in 1909 as a ranching and farming community. Population growth in the Jarrell Independent School District is expanding as well. They had a 25% increase in the 2021-2022 school year. The projected number of new students for the 2022-2023 school year is 700. The new bridges supporting the extension of Ronald Reagan Boulevard in Jarrell were completed in 2022. This will bring a new level of commercial activity to the City. Sales Tax revenues have grown by 13% over the last 3 years. We are growing and expanding exponentially and are looking for a leader who can lead the progress!
What We Need From You:
- Ability to manage a rapidly growing City from General Law to Home Rule.
- Manages multiple departments with the ability to focus on areas of growth.
- Strategic thinker who can support continued rapid growth and alternative municipal government philosophies (PPP in its various forms).
- Strong Budgeting background with experience in Fund Balance Accounting.
- Strong Skills in Economic Development plans.
- Strong Skills in Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Development
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Business Administration, or another related field. Equivalent responsibilities or experience may be considered.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Municipal Administration.
- Direct experience setting Municipal Government Budgets.
- Contract Administration in support of Public-Private-Partnership functions.
- Experience in Zoning, Use, and Lot Design standards
- Planning and Development Agreements experience a plus
What We Offer:
- Job Title: City Manager
- Reports To: Jarrell City Council
- Salary Range: Competitive Based On Experience, Education, And Related Qualifications
- Benefits: 401K Medical insurance, Travel Allowance
To be considered for this position, please complete an Application for Employment and return it to:
City of Jarrell
ATTN: Dianne Peace
161 Town Center Blvd.
Jarrell Texas 76537
Or by email to Dianne Peace, City Secretary.
This position is open until filled. For any questions, please contact Dianne Peace at (512) 746-4593, ext. 121.